Monday, April 10, 2006

Dilema

I think most student publications are sub par.

This morning I received an acceptance letter from one. It was one I sent five really good poems and one I have since come to loathe. Of course they accepted only the atrocious one.

At first I thought about recanting my submission but I decided to ask Joy. She told me that this always happens to poets and I should publish the shitty piece and move on.

I will.

There will be no post revealing the name of the publication. I will not celebrate. But I look forward to reading other's pieces in the magazine. And those rejected five will go to another literary magazine.

3 comments:

Collin said...

Why did you come to loathe it? Because of the other writing? I don't know how many pub creds you have, but you have to start somewhere, so never look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak. I'm sure there are many other poets who would love to get an acceptance letter.

Anonymous the Younger said...

I know, I know. I just feel they picked the worst peice I've written and edited in the past year.

Anonymous the Younger said...

I know, I know. I just feel they picked the worst peice I've written and edited in the past year.