Monday, April 03, 2006

Tag

I'm it. Collin tagged me. My tags are at the bottom.

7 Things To Do Before I Die:
Visit Antarctica
Live on a Pacific island
Become a master with a large format camera
Own a Submarine
Make a movie
Publish a book of poems
Buy a box of Opus X Perfexion X's to celebrate my publishing

7 Things I Cannot Do:
Find that library book
Keep money in my wallet
Drive slow
Stop writing
Stop creating
Get to a 9:30 class
Write something I like (But deep deep down I love all my work best)

7 Things I Say Often:
Fuck that shit
Screw you guys, I'm going home
I love you
Fucking Bastard
Fan-fucking-tastic
I don't think that works for me, personally (Poetry Classes)
What the Fuck?

7 Books I Love: (Not a complete list)
La Divinia Commedia - Dante Alghieri
Local Time - Stephen Dunn
Tarantella - Rebecca Loudon
The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Gateway to Atlantis - Andrew Collins
Lord Jim - Joseph Conrad
Revolt in the Desert - T. E. Lawrence

7 Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again: (Not a complete list)
Lawrence of Arabia - 1962 - David Lean, Peter O'Toole, Alec Guinness (Seriously, who didn't see that one coming?)
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope - 1977 - George Lucas, Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones (The first 'used future' movie to strike it big)
Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens - 1922 - F. W. Murnau, Max Schreck, Hans Erdmann (Erdmann's soundtrack is still the best ever)
Pulp Fiction - 1994 - Quentin Tarantino, John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson (Bruce Willis, Ving Rhames, Harvey Keitel, Amanda Plummer, Tim Roth, Et Cetera)
Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources - 1986 - Claude Berri, Marcel Pagnol, Gerard Depardieu (I know, I know, but I just love 'em so much)
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - 2004 - Wes Anderson, Bill Murray, Anjelica Houston (Anything by Wes Anderson, but this is my favorite)
Salt of the Earth - 1954 - Herbert J Biberman, Rosaura Revueltas, Juan Chacon (The only banned film in America, Rosaura was deported before filming finished)

3 People I tag Now:
Rebecca, Tiffany, and Sheryl are it now.

2 comments:

Turquoise said...

7 things to do b/f I die:

Tell X what I really think of him.
Tell X what I really think of her.
Tell X and Y what I really think of them.
Tell myself what I really think of me.
Tell myself no secrets, no lies.
Tell anyone who'll listen all secrets, all lies.
Tell.

7 Things I cannot do.
Equate finances as having a basis in reality.
Equate romantic love as having any basis in reality.
Equate "reality" has having any basis in reality.
Equate 2/3rds of what people say as having any basis in reality.
Equate behavior as having any basis in reality.
Equate especially my own behavior as having any basis in reality.
Equate my own behavior as having any basis in reality, or having consequences.

7 things I often say:
fuck tards
fuck wits.
fuckety fuckers
fuck hats
fuck cocksucking motherfuckers
fucking cocksucking motherfuckers.
fuck me (and you)

Books I love:
Are You There God, It's Me Margaret
How to Win Friends and Influence People.
The Joys of Medieval Folkdancing.
The Dummies guide to Home Made Bombs.
The Idiot's Guide To Shallow Self Expression
Dawn: Portrait of A TeenAge Prostitute.
Aunt Jemimah and Mrs Butterworth: The True Story Behind Maple Syrup.

Movies I can Watch Over and Over

Encino Man
Elephant Man
Man in the Moon
Man Overboard
A Man of a Thousand Faces
Oh . . . Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources are totally fly!

Anonymous the Younger said...

Laughed my ass off!
Those bookas are funny as hell!

-Norm