Thursday, May 04, 2006

And That's The End


I do not pass away. There is no cloud for me to hide under. I am not yet forgotten though I am often inscrutable at heart. Not in the wildest days of my boyish vision could I have seen the commitment required. I am still romantic, staring at my dreams, but this bride is brutal. I do not remember when I last slept or showered.

The Story: Architecture and Hospital visits do not go well together. I ended up 2 months behind in a hand drafting course. I had three weeks to do it. It was due today at 5:00 PM. I skipped four drafting assignements to focus on the final (above). At 4:55 PM I walked out of my apartement carrying my notebook, final, and portfolio to my TAs. Both of them were surprised I finished and only skipped four. They are proud of me (because I had to teach myself everything) and after looking at some others, mine turned out really well. A relieving cap put on la bufera infernal.

Of course, tonight is party night, not sleep night.

And yes, I am quite proud that I hand drafted Perpetua so well.

4 comments:

Collin said...

Congrats! Party hard and then sleep the rest of the weekend. Just reading these last few posts have made me exhausted! :)

Radish King said...

And it's beautiful, Norm. Congrats.

Anonymous the Younger said...

Thank you both so much.

C: I fell asleep on my couch in the middle of it. I just went to bed because I had to get up early for 241. It had become a study party anyways.

R: Thank you! Any good reading around there the 16th 17th or 18th?

-NAW

Radish King said...

I'll find out.