Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Take On The Fourth Of July



This is what it is all about. This is where life is. This is feeling, this is longing, love, hope. This man had a cat on his chest. I waved. We talked while he rowed past. I didn't ask his permission to take his picture but it had to be done. I had to capture him, keep him in a little pocket of dye and silver halide slid into a plastic protector. I scanned him to CD, ripped him to my laptop, printed him, color corrected him (took out some red, added a little blue to even it out), published him, and after it was all done, I missed him in it. Please take him. Take a piece of him. Keep him in an imaginary folder on a golden colored little disk. I'm sure he wont mind, wont know, would be flattered. This is America. This is longing.

2 comments:

Turquoise said...

Ahhh. That's where I'd like to be. Every day. Every moment. In the quiet, in the blue, with the breeze at my back urging me forward. I wish the same for you too.

Anonymous the Younger said...

Yes, I wish that for you too. My reply to your comment grew into the above post my friend. Thank you for inspiring me.