Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fall Music 2

Electronic music is hard. I think it is harder to create than rock or indie. These are who I feel. This is a total list, including mash-up artists.

DJ Shadow - Thanks Colin. I ain't heard any of his new stuff, but what I have heard is really good.

DJ Dangermouse - I remember Grey Tuesday. That was my introduction. Currently I'm in Demon Days and St. Elsewhere.

CPI - She f--king rocks! "Poetry is for Fairies", download that. She definately takes me away. Free music.

Eddie - That's right. My experimental friend from Wazzu takes mixes to a whole new level. He needs to drop BioChem and buy a couple turntables.

Woven - Technically a 6 man band, but "8 Bit Monk" is one of my top ten CD's right now.

mum - 'nuff said.

The Kleptones - Great mash-up artists. I love "A Night At The Hip-Hopera" and "Yoshimi Battles The Hip-Hop Robots." Free music.

The Silence Xperiment - The one who brought us the Q-Unit. Yes, that is Queen and the G-Unit. Trust me on this one. Free bittorrent link.

MC 900ft. Jesus - I have no idea what is going on here, but I like it.

DJ BC - The Beastles. That's right, the Beastie Boys and the Beatles.

Jimmy Tamborello - The head behind Dntel, Figurine, The Postal Service, Further, and The Tyde is a genius. Dntel is one of my favorite groups, and "Life is Full of Possibilities" is a great album.

No comments: