Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Best Holiday Film Of All Time Is

-
-
loveactually


I love a good ensemble film, and this one is great.

For three years now, the debate has raged: who is the hottest girl in the movie? Most guys I know, including me, say Natalie (Martine McCutcheon), and most girls I know say Aurelia (LĂșcia Moniz). Sorry Kiera Knightley and Emma Thompson and Heike Makatsch.

As for the hottest guys, I say Colin Firth but I think I'm alone there. Most people say Hugh Grant or Chiwetel Ejiofor or Rodrigo Santoro.

My favorite cameos are Rowan Atkinson, one of my favorite British actor's ever, and Claudia Schiffer as Carol, but it took me forever to realize that it was Schiffer, and by forever I mean like 30 screenings.



-
-

2 comments:

Collin said...

I do love this movie. Favorite scene: When Emma Thompson's character realizes her husband has been having an affair and Joni Mitchell is playing. Heartbreaking and brilliant.

Anonymous the Younger said...

I know. I love both versions of that song.

I think my favorite scene is what I call the search for Natalie, when he reads the card, then calls for a car and goes door to door looking for her. So funny to have the PM knocking at your door. And then his copper's singing is so good. I love it. Although that scene is tied with the one where Michael goes to Kiera Knightley's door with the flash cards. I saw that scene on Conan before the film came out and loved it.

Have a Merry Christmas Collin!

-aty