Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Last Night Of The World

Tomorrow I turn my life in for review. Three weeks of this. Last night I told a friend,

"My blood runs green with Monster, I can't breathe without Hookah smoke coming out, I ain't had more than three hours since Thursday night, and don't ask about the two weeks before that. The skin on my palm is dead from my mouse and drafting table. Good God, why? I'm convinced either friends don't let friends do architecture or all architects die young. I'm hoping it's the former, but leaning towards the latter.

"I think I can honestly say that my favorite thing about architecture right now is the band Architecture in Helsinki, but I'm not sure how much I like that first word in their name."

iloveitiloveitiloveit. I live for these three weeks every semester, the back and forth, the breath, the headiness, the rush - I am where I am supposed to be. Silent. Alone. Alive. Holding on tightly to the thick of it.

2 comments:

Radish King said...

ifyou get sick i'm going to come over there and slap you.

love,
rebecca

Anonymous the Younger said...

Just call Lu. If I get sick, she'll be happy to slap me a couple extra times for you, very happy to.

-ATY

wv: kauww