Sunday, December 31, 2006

Writing And The Holiday

I had trouble writing as much as I hoped this break. Maybe the trouble is that I hoped to write at all. Maybe it's that I tried too hard. I don't know. I've been doing great on a couple of stories, but no poetry has shat forth. I've been reading a lot though. Not as much as Rebecca, but still reading a lot. I love reading anything, but so often in school I don't get a chance. I need to find a way to fix that. Maybe take less school, maybe take better classes. Next semester I'm taking a couple of classes that have a lot of reading, and it's mostly authors I like. And I am actually excited for my architecture courses.


God I am optomistic at the end of the year.

3 comments:

Collin said...

Happy New Year and good luck with your classes. Read "On Beauty" by Zadie Smith...that's the book I'm recommending to everyone. :)

Sheryl said...

Happy New Year!

Maybe you are trying too hard to write well. I mean maybe your inner critic makes it hard if it is looming over your shoulder expecting perfection. Let loose and have fun! This goes for me too!
There's time for editing later.

Anonymous the Younger said...

There will be no critics.

There will be no but.