Sunday, February 25, 2007

The World's Best Cigars

The top five Belicosos and Torpedos, in no specific order.

1. H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon Belicoso. Beautiful. My favorite size of this line. The Peruvian filler and the Cameroon wrapper mix beautifully with the Nicaraguan and Dominican tobacco to create a subtly powerful cigar that is always a good smoke. The only non-box-pressed cigar on the list.

Price: $6-$10 single. $135 box price.


1. Montecristo Number 2. The most bought and sold cigar in the world for a reason. The only Cuban to make the list. A very historic cigar and still one of the best shaped sticks out there. The DR is very good as well. (I couldn't find a picture of the box-pressed unfortunately)

Price: $11-$20 single. $300 box price.


1. Royal Jamaica Gold Belicoso. The spice! The Jamaican Tobacco tastes unusual to most smokers, but it is well worth it. The spicy flavors continue all the way through. A great full bodied smoke. This is the only Jamaican cigar I like.

Price: $6-$10 single. $90 box price.


1. Mayorga Gordito Torpedo. A Nicaraguan Puro that will blow you away when fresh. One of my first cigars and still one of my favorites. When aged, the edge is taken off, but they still taste stunning. The smallest cigar on the list.

Price: $3-$6 single. $50 box price.


1. Padrón Serie 1926 40th Anniversary Number 2 Belicoso. The longest name and the longest price. This cigar is good. VERY VERY good. I am not sure I agree with Cigar Aficianado rating it the best cigar of 2005, but it is definitely in the top five. Maybe even the top three. It is a complex smoke. The taste isn't quite spicy, but you get a full taste. One of my favorite cigars of all time, but by far one of the most expensive cigars out there.

Price: $20-$30 single. $510 box price. (No, I didn't hit an extra zero, it really is that much.)

1 comment:

Jordynn said...

Hello,

My name is Jordynn, and I am working with a friend to help him grow his cigar website called www.cigarsdirect.com. We feature some of the finest cigars in the world like Opus X, Padron, Anejo's plus many more! Our customer service is second to none and our online reputation proves it! I was hoping that you would take a look at our website and consider adding us to your links section on your website located: www.cypresstrees.blogspot.com
and in return we will give you free cigars!

Please let me know if this would be possible! Thanks again for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,

Jordynn Haskins
jordynnhaskins7@gmail.com