Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stories From The Night

1. On a late-night Rosauer's run for half a gallon of milk and eight cans of Monster, the grocery store was playing show tunes. There was a big bald guy in a leather jacket wandering through the store singing along at the top of his lungs. He got in line right behind me and didn't stop until he got up to the counter. Then he started again after checking out and sang while he was walking away.

2. I never thought reading about nine months of a street sweeper's life would be so entertaining and poignant. They're thinking about a movie, or a novella, or a collection of short stories. Bruiser had me hooked for an hour and a half or so. The download is here. The original is here. The original is NSFW because of replies, but I prefer it because the F word is replaced with loving or gently caress which I find hilarious. One of my favorite lines:

By the way, your friend wanted me to give you a message: "Tell him to remember this night every time he wants to dress up like a Roman soldier and put on a fireworks show." I have no idea what that means. And I don't want to know.

No comments: