Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Love The Mars Volta

This is no secret. Or at least it isn't now. On a list of top musical acts of all time they are in the top couple. Their music just - uh... um- uh; uh... their music has always scared me with how good it is and how innovative it is. I've said before that this next album is their make or break - it will likely define them as either OMA or Liebskind. Even if this next album sucks De-Loused will always be the greatest album of this decade (probably).

So their new album; I was - and am still - looking forward to it. Seriously. I am. I believed it would tear me in half. Then I read the story behind it. Now I'm scared it might rip me in half. I am more excited for this album than for the Opus X Perfecion X that I have aged for two years and am going to smoke tomorrow night. It doesn't come out until the 29th of January, so why am I hyping it now? Because the internets are my friends and my girlfriend didn't want to talk about this album any more. On the 29th I will be taking work off. I will be too busy trying to find the pieces of my face that got rocked off. And trying to figure out what the hell is going on in the lyrics.

No comments: