So first, you need to be a student or faculty member. Then here's what you'll need to do to obtain an academic license of Artlantis:
1. Create an account at http://www.objectsonline.com
2. Wait for confirmation from us that your account has been approved (you may call us to expedite this process - US: 888-8-OBJECT (888-862-5328); International: 813-236-7470)
3. Log into http://www.objectsonline.com using your email & password
4. Go to this link to order the product (there is no cost): http://www.objectsonline.com/index.php?cPath=11_99
5. Email/Fax your proof of eligibility to objectsonline (any one of the following):
- Current school ID card
- Current class schedule (students)/class syllabus (faculty)
- Current tuition receipt
Your serial number will follow shortly after you complete the last step.
So why do I use Artlantis? It is one of the best rendering program out there. Hands down in the top three for SketchUp and VectorWorks. The new version offers support for .dwg and other file types for some of the main drafting programs out there.
Here are examples of Artlantis renders.
Here is the Artlantis website.