Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Frankfurt 2009 Post 1

No, I didn't get to go, but from afar I wanted so badly it hurt. Here's a look at the best and worst from this year:

Insanity:


The Mercedes SLS is absolutely insane. And I am in love.


Okay, um, I didn't exactly expect that from BMW AT ALL. If they build this... huge respect.


Okay, so I like Miatas. Driver's cars. This though... this is dweebier than Thom Yorke in a Caterham. I want a Caterham. Mmmm... Caterham... I also want this.


NEEDS MORE INSANE. Come on Abarth. You guys used to be fucking crazy. What happened?


Fuck you Peugeot. I root for your incompitent team in racing and you repay me with this shit? Bad Peugeot. BAD!

+++

Expected:


At least the Ferrari 458 looks better than the car it replaces. But it's also cheesier. What are those slashes in the lights? And three tailpipes? Really?


Mmm... Weismann MF5 Roadster... Mmmmm... I'm usually not a back-door man, but for you I will make an exception.


It's a Citroen, and it's named the Revolte - one letter off of revolted - and it's purple. But still, somehow, my love of the 2CV can be requited in this.


It's a new fucking McLaren! Please McLaren, heal my eyes from the horrors of the SLR. Oh, this will do the trick nicely. Hot damn!

+++

Lotus Gets Their Own Fucking Section:


Guess what's showing up at next year's 24 Hours of Nurburgring? Ah yeah, the Lotus Evora.


The Lotus Exige Cup 260 is all kinds of awesome.


The Lotus Elise Club Racer is something I would like to own.

No comments: